Monday 12 March 2012

Magazine mayhem.


So, I’m sitting here reading the latest fashion and celebrity magazines, scouring for the latest trends and cheap bargains whilst personally choosing out the things that I would wear, and what I would most definitely not wear - even if it is at the height of fashion.

My eyes are scanning the beautiful pastels which I am most fond of, and making a mental list in my mind of hitting them up on my favourite clothing websites; Zara, Topshop, Asos, River Island etc. So how do you wear pastels? What do they look good with? Will they suit me? Well as long as you don't go around spilling your daily latte on them of course you will look good! It’s finding the right colours and styles to suit you.
Turning the page I now spot Bouclé jackets and instantly feel drawn in. They are cute, quite girly (colour depending) and elegantly smart (adding that extra glam to your maybe not so exciting work outfit) ... 3 things a girl loves. Plus if you see that Olivia Palermo is wearing one... you know it’s a right choice. I keep spying them in my local high street fashion shops and having a closer look, thinking maybe my wardrobe deserves one of these beauties? Maybe it does.
Next on my hit-list are dresses. Now, as of myself I am addicted to pretty dresses and they are usually one of the first things to catch my eye when I am out shopping, especially if they are a little unique to the others you always see. I've been hearing and seeing alot about how dresses are going 'global' and when I read on further in More! Magazine I do indeed learn more.
It seems as though different countries have adapted to certain characteristics.
First there is the 'American Woman' I see dresses with the likes of Stripes and spots (blue, red and white) true to the ‘Old Glory of USA’, donned on classic 'Skater' style dresses and cliché waitress like 'Shirt' dresses.
Next is the 'English Rose' idea, which true to the name is a bright and loud rose pattern, soaked on to a sundress or tunic reaching out to the historic Tudor rose of England.
'Persian Princess' is next on my list, with its bright and unique pattern designs it is eye-catching and pretty. When I see the designs I think of royalty, more back in the past when dresses were covered in paisley designs. Moving on to the next style I present to you
‘Hawaiian girl’ and much where our imaginations lead us, we land in a world full of big, bold and boisterous Hibiscus flowers, splattered all over sweet dresses. When wearing one (providing the weather is warm and sunny) we picture ourselves on an isolated Island far away on a beautiful coast, breathing in the fresh and pure air when sudd- enough with that image, it’s making me crave a Holiday. See, this print just reminds us of summer, of the good times with our friends and family out in the open and having fun, which is exactly what this print is, Fun and flirty.
‘Grecian Goddess’ is next, with its typical Greek style adapted in France shortly after the French revolution. Clothing reformers late in the 19th century admired the Grecian dress as they believed it represented timeless beauty and we can see why with the flowing fabric, gathered pleats and soft calming colours, that indeed the dresses are beautiful.
The last of the International dresses is a style known as the ‘Eastern Starlet’ which sees charming and graceful flower prints, matched with graceful and darling dresses. I see pretty blossoms balanced on a crisp cream button dress, and a brighter and bigger flower gracing a dark midnight silk shift dress. Beautiful is an understatement.
The last topic on my entry today will be the thing that I really do not have an attraction too.
The sporty heeled trainers look – wedged high tops. Now my best friend seems to be crazy about this most recent trend, scouring the internet for the classic Nike, propped up on a strange heel making you wonder how it will ever look nice with anything? She shows me ways of pairing them with certain outfits and I must admit the models in our magazines usually pull them off quite well… but they, for me, just do not do it.






No comments:

Post a Comment